Best Seattle hobby shop(s)?

Skyway Model Shop in Renton, just south of Seattle, is my favorite. Lots of old and new stuff, but his prices can be a tad high. It's the only non-chain store I'm aware of in the area. There is also a HobbyTown in Tukwila, not far from Skyway. HT is not my fave, but the last time I was there a couple years ago, they did have a decent stock and lots of supplies. Those are the only ones I'm aware of, and that I've been to.

As long as your in the area, I would highly recommend going here: https://flyingheritage.org/. The collection is awesome! Most of it started out as Doug Champlin's collection, then Paul Allen bought it and started FHC. After Allen died a few years ago, it was bought by one of the Walton family (Walmart), and finally re-opened last year. I would quite seriously prefer to visit here than any hobby shop anywhere. I still haven't seen the Mosquito, the Churchill tank, or the Stuka that's half built.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

I second Tim's comments on Flying Heritage Museum. They have a great collection, including Yellow 10 and the only, I believe, early version of the Ki-43 and a P-40B. They also have the Fieseler F103R Reichenberg and a slew of WWII vehicles and tanks.

Skyway gets my vote too. Have bought some rare books from them.

He's got boxes and boxes of old magazines too.

Skyway Model Shop, 12615 Renton Ave S, Seattle, WA 98178

Type this into the search field     Skyway Model Shop

Edited by MikeMaben