Imgur Question

John1

Imgur just changed their file uploading system.   I can still upload pictures but can't seem to find a way to select the file size for the uploaded pics like I used to be able to.   Anyone have any ideas? 

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Imgur just changed their file uploading system.   I can still upload pictures but can't seem to find a way to select the file size for the uploaded pics like I used to be able to.   Anyone have any ideas? 

Last couple of years I have been using my phone to upload pics (it gives 4 options for file size) and I always choose “actual size” which is biggest. Other than that, I’m useless

i really don’t like the change they’ve made to the picture adding method. Maybe it’s just me but it doesn’t load them as thumbnails anymore but as large descending images and the only way to see my previous images is to, after uploading, close the page and then reload it. I guess I’m a cranky old bugger who doesn’t like change

Edited by chrish
Typo

4 hours ago, chrish said:

Last couple of years I have been using my phone to upload pics (it gives 4 options for file size) and I always choose “actual size” which is biggest. Other than that, I’m useless

i really don’t like the change they’ve made to the picture adding method. Maybe it’s just me but it doesn’t load them as thumbnails anymore but as large descending images and the only way to see my previous images is to, after uploading, close the page and then reload it. I guess I’m a cranky old bugger who doesn’t like change

Seems like society is to driven to "fix" things that really aren't broken.   

Edited by John1

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Seems like society to driven to "fix" things that really aren't broken.   

Imgur summed up in a single sentence.  I moved away from them to postimg.cc a couple years ago and am quite happy with their service.

3 hours ago, John1 said:

The size is on the sharable links. On the popup window where you can pick links of different formats (direct link, BB code, etc.) in the bottom right it has different sizes available which change the link structure. The idea looks like they want the original and you can choose to share it at smaller image sizes. 

Personally I don't see a need to limit image sizes, imgur limits are large enough it usually won't trip up most users and most modern forums will automatically limit the displayed size. If I'm sharing something publicly I share the full resolution. I like airplane photos with enough resolution that I can read the stencils. Sharing low res images limits their usefulness. It's one of the things that bug me with a lot of flickr galleries. Some guys post awesome reference image galleries, but the resolution is awful and then they disable downloading.