Hasegawa Fw190A-8/R2 Black 8

denders

Hi Troy,

I'll be able to get back at it tomorrow after spending some time getting my wife her "spring training baseball fix" :whistle::D. We spent a few days in Florida this year. Last year it was Phoenix.

You probably are looking at a photo similar to or the photo in the book. It does look different. I'll scan the photos and add them to the thread tomorrow for others to see. I'll note that the caption with the photo states that the spiral on the spinner is white unlike the notes with the profile that I have above (from the same book). The caption with another photo seems to say that the outline of the Sturmblitz design should be yellow when comparing it to the red electrical cover toward the back of the fuselage. So, that's what I'm planning on going with unless something else comes to light.

The wife is doing very well with the knee recovery. A lot of folks look at her and think she's talking about surgery a year ago, not 10 weeks on this particular date.

Thanks Kev. Perhaps I need to just take the edge off of it. I had looked at a couple of photos in one of my books, but it didn't really seem to stick out. I've also looked at a photo I took at Udvar-Hazy but it's not from the ideal angle and just sort looks like there's an edge or a step there not an overhang.

• 2 weeks later...

More work.

fMI3vL.jpg

I used the Aires landing gear bay resin pieces that I purchased. I'm not really sure how old the resin parts are and I wonder if there was some shrinkage. If you look closer, the hole in the wing leading edge on the left side of the photo doesn't line up well with the location for installing the gun barrel. I will definitely not look correctly lined up. :BANGHEAD2:

Also, I forgot about these items in the Black Dog set before I closed up the wing. :doh:

WQK2OO.jpg

So, I've got some sanding and filling to do, then a primer coat.

sDSsOL.jpg

Onward!