Airfix 1:24 Ju87B - Airscale Saves the Day-A Great Kit is Waiting

CraigH

1 hour ago, PEYSSON Gilles said:

Good evening Craig

1/24 is a large but very beautiful scale.
You've made the cockpit of this Ju87 look so sublime !
Very nice job .... :clap2:

Gilles

Thank you Gilles much appreciated 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I do have a new post coming on the Stuka I promise. There's been a few issues which you'll see when I can post.

Not least of these is that my time has been taken up designing a new website. I've decided to give full time modelling a go so thought I'd need one LOL.

http://www.custom-models-and-dioramas.com

So I have a question for all those that know this site much more intimately than I do. Is there any section where I can "announce" myself without upsetting any rules etc.?

Thanks in advance everyone

Congrats, Craig! Best of luck with it. I'm sure it's something we've all wondered about doing at some point.

1 hour ago, CraigH said:

So I have a question for all those that know this site much more intimately than I do. Is there any section where I can "announce" myself without upsetting any rules etc.?

I'd say the Vendors Board would be the most appropriate venue for such an announcement.

Kev

35 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Congrats, Craig! Best of luck with it. I'm sure it's something we've all wondered about doing at some point.

I'd say the Vendors Board would be the most appropriate venue for such an announcement.

Kev

35 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

Cheers Kev. I'll stick it on

• 3 weeks later...

Once again, seems like forever since I've been able to work on the Stuka.

Truth be known, I'd gone about as far as I could with the cockpit and I've been waiting for this little delivery which dropped on the mat this morning.

Sven from 1ManArmy is producing a set of stencils for the kit and kindly sent me a pre production set to try.

Firstly, as with all his stuff, the quality and detail is stunning. As an example, if you're building or know the kit. one of the build options is the Trop kit A5 BH based in Libya and there's a crow emblem forward of the cockpit which is unsprayable normally and would force you to use the decal.

spacer.png

Sven has produced a layered stencil that will let you build the image with paint. It's very clever and, although I'm not building that version, I'm still going to spray it on a mule just for the hell of it. You can see the layers and intricacies here:

spacer.png

In short, the realism of the kit goes up a hundred fold IMHO and I'm itching to get going with it now.

spacer.png

Hopefully I can post some results next week

Nice work, Craig!

You'll have to change the image in your sig, however, as it's way too large. I'm surprised the forum software even let you use it, as they're set to max of 400px wide.

Kev

6 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Nice work, Craig!

You'll have to change the image in your sig, however, as it's way too large. I'm surprised the forum software even let you use it, as they're set to max of 400px wide.

Kev

Saw it yesterday. Will fix it this morn....UK time

7 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Nice work, Craig!

Kev

Fixed