In with a Hasegawa P-51D

Sabre F-86

• 4 months later...

Got going on this last week. So far so good, no problems. I'm adding some detail in the form of cables in the cockpit, the radiator air intake and exhaust have details not on the model. Chopped the "Radio" off the back deck, narrowed it, and trying to get it to look like the fuel tank. 

bmwvmEx.jpg

Z5J2fBJ.jpg

Finished one Zero, the A6M5c flown by Saburo Sakai. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. 

82yG5Wv.jpg

Please excuse the abysmal photos. I have contractors ripping all the balconies off of the building, so no access to my normal photo spot out there. It's dark in here, and the lighting sucks. I'm working on a backdrop similar to those German hangers you can buy, floor and two walls. The other Zero, the  A6M3 conversion is done but for the push molded canopy. Still trying to get that done, so far with limited success. Soon as I get the backdrop done and some decent photography lights I'll put out a bunch of it, the M5c, and the Bf-109. 

• 2 weeks later...

Progressing slowly, completely revamped the fuel tank, and radios. Originals seemed too small and too short. Extended the tank so it goes under the aft deck where the fuel  fill is located. Working on the brake lines, opening up the exhaust stacks, lifted the rudder pedals off of the floor, and suspended them on the fire wall. Tried painting the instrument panel 3x, just can't do a decent job of it so I've ordered the Quinta set for the Tamiya Mustang.  

y4bZ4TW.jpg

SeXGEPJ.jpg

BRQqew8.jpg

some sort of vent in the rad exhaust area, the guide bar for the vent panel and up in the left corner, the bowden cable that controls the vent opening/closing. 

• 1 month later...

Huh, I thought I'd put in a note asking that this be moved to Work in Progress. Ran into a problem with some paints, and wasn't  quite done, I've got the main markings on, Debating on if I am going to continue, as the checker board decals for the stabilisers and rudder literally disintegrated. I may strip most of them off as the model itself turned o out not bad, and try some other marking scheme.