Old Dominion Open - Richmond

Juggernut

Nope, I didn't take any photos.  For the most part, I'm horrible at taking photos of what's on the tables.  I did see tuchohoward's  ZM Bf109G-14 and there was a nice Ar196A-3 (the Revell floatplane) there but in large scale, there weren't a lot of entries; I'd say six or eight at the most and no jets in 1/32, not even an Me262.  There were people all over the place...the hall was packed until early afternoon.  Vendor's had the usual stuff but there was only one vendor selling new stuff and he didn't have what I was looking for so for me, it was a "meh" vendor area this time around. 

Congrats on your G-10, Tim. Nice to see it in person. Was hoping to run into you but it's a big show and not easy to find someone you don't know. There was actually at least 10 entries in 1/32 just from ones I remember. I got a couple of thirds. 1/48 single engine props, axis with a G-10 Erla, and 1/48 single engine jets with a U-2C, both of which are super competitive categories so I was pretty happy about that. Also a second in subs. Just under a thousand models entered of which over two hundred were aircraft. Sorry, no pictures from me either.

Jay

I was there. I did not take pictures either. I saw other people taking lots of pictures, and regretted not bringing my camera.  The Aircraft categories seemed to have considerably fewer entries than previous years.  The Gundam categories were packed.  I had trouble getting near those tables.  It is really fun to see that segment really growing. 

The Vendor area was about the same as previous years, The same vendors had the same tables, and in some cases, the same kits... for the past several years!  I did not see anything I wanted, but sometimes I just like looking at all the old kits.