Phantom Phakes

belcherbits

On 4/9/2022 at 10:10 PM, Dave Roof said:

Phantom Phreaks is operated by the same person that ripped off parts of the Teknics F-14 cockpit to use in the CAM F-14 set when he 'owned' CAM. This is also the same person that was caught entering models in contests that he didn't build. While I haven't seen the parts in person, it wouldn't surprise me if these are in fact copies of your parts.

Sadly, another aftermarket producer is selling resin copies of Koster sets on Ebay.

Sadly, this does kind of put the spike in the heart of things.  Can't change the spots on a Leopard.  Where there's smoke, there's fire.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2022 at 5:55 AM, thierry laurent said:

Probably but you will struggle to replicate the same surface details. Personally, I will simply use an Hasegawa kit.

So far I’ve found everything made for the Hase kit fits the KittyHawk kit. I’m on my 3rd KH. Used the BelcherBits kit to make my T-38A. Awesome piece of work that BB kit!

7 minutes ago, Grizly said:

As I have posted before, with a little work the Hasegawa/Belcher Bits conversion combination can be built into an attractive model. I know I'm more than happy with my build.

LXKUewz.jpg

THAT is a great looking "A" model, have the Belcher conversion kit, and planning (yeah right.......) to use it to build the NF-5A  model the RNLAF used to operate in the past.

You did a very pleasant looking end result using this conversion set......congrats.

Jack