Heritagecon is back!

BloorwestSiR

There was a nicely attended vendor's section with some decent deals on kits and supplies. 

My sons picked up several kits and I grabbed a ZM Shinden for a great price. Would have bought more stuff but just couldn't made it fit into the stash. 

Anyways, it's also CWHM's 50th this year so I suspect we'll be heading back for one of their airshows. 

Carl

It was a good day, an enormous turnout, seems to be a pent up demand for shows out there. The weather was weird, very cold with intermittent blue skies and sun followed by white-out snow conditions...and windy!

Sorry I missed Carl and Don, but did manage to run into a few friends from other IPMS clubs I belonged to back in the day in Toronto and St. Catharines. Came away with a Trumpeter 1/32 MiG 29A for $110 Cdn, but behaved otherwise. There were some great deals on the vendor tables, from new stuff at the retail stores to old goodies from private collections. 

The aircraft model table was easily the most active, with a number of LSPs. I was surprised that the armour table wasn't more full, usually it's packed to the edges. Still though, a tremendous turnout. 

Some of the LSPs I managed to snap quickly with my phone, sorry for the quality. 

nECWJfdh.jpg

fqaIsD4h.jpg

rmy9zaIh.jpg

qZka8UOh.jpg

Q14VJWoh.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka

7 minutes ago, R Palimaka said:

And I'll sneak this in...I finally finished it the night before the show...five years late...

beg1wOzh.jpg

That was your build Richard? I heard a couple folks taking about it and how impressed they were. 

And you bought the Mig-29 I was eyeing. Thanks for saving my wallet. :D

16 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

That was your build Richard? I heard a couple folks taking about it and how impressed they were. 

And you bought the Mig-29 I was eyeing. Thanks for saving my wallet. :D

Thanks Carl, yes that was my Mustang finally done. That’s nice to hear.  It didn’t place, but I wasn’t expecting it to. It was just fun to enter something, and it forced me to finish it. 

Haha! You’re welcome.  I don’t normally build jets but the MiG-29 seriously appeals to me. I missed out on a Hobby 2000 109E so was determined to spend money on something…:D