Airbrush Air Hose, which is better?

Jeff T

Hi all,

I just purchased a new Iwata Air Compressor, and it comes with the black coiled rubber air hose, I have only ever used the braided type on my old one, my question is, are these black coiled ones better for air pressure, or is there no difference?

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks for your input Woody!....I agree, the coil ones seem as though they will be a bit of a headache when using them, its just that I read somewhere that they were narrower, and therefore gave better air pressure, but how high do we need for what we do anyway?...I'll stick to the braided one, just wanted to see what others thought that may have used both.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

The only think ive read about coiled hoses is that i helps reduce pulsation in tankless compressor.

But i have no idea if thats true or not.

I use braided hose on a compressor with small tank

I have been using clear aquarium air pump hose for years.

The clear tubing is very cheap and when used in sufficient length will help in reducing fluctuations in air pressure and will also show any moisture that may be present. I typically use more than 3 meters (3 yards).

• 11 months later...

I have used straight Badger rubber air line hoses since the 1970's and they work fantastically well. I have one that I have had since I started airbrusing back in the mid 1970's and it still works perfectly.