A Question of color?

Wingy

I'm getting ready to start Trumpeters Su-27b kit and need assistance choosing the light blue/gray camo colors. Mr Color is my preferred brand to use. I realise I may have to mix to get close to what's needed.

Could someone please lend their experience and advice?

Wingy

Hi.

I’ve not long completed a Ukraine digital scheme on my Flanker, using MRP paints. They’re pretty darned close to what I had in my mind as far as colour goes. If you’re open to brand choices, maybe check those out too. All depends on what scheme you’ve chosen of course. 

Like those above, and Im sure many more to follow, I am an MRP convert. 

Ever since I was a kid, I have used Testors Enamel paints. When their main military line started disappearing, I ended up dabbling in many paint brands and types. I liked enamel for its flow and look qualities, but drying time, and mix ratios have always been an issue for me to get the "perfect finish" that we all strive for. 
I also tried and loved Tamiya paints for their brushing abilities, but hated how they sprayed, and the need for retarder and mixing put me off straight acrylics for the airbrush. I also tried (and still use for some things) Mr. Color for awhile and found while the paint looked tremendous going down, and the drying time was good, mixing was still sort of hit and miss when you are looking to just "run and gun" with the airbrush. 

However, once people on the site started talking about MRP a few years back, I started looking into it more. At the time, there was really only 1 distributor of the paint, so I gave it a whirl just on reputation alone. I have to admit I was skeptical at first when I read acrylic (acrylic lacquer technically, but I didn't really know the diff at the time) as shooting Tamiya acrylic through the AB kind of put me off of them. 

WOW, am I ever glad I gave them a try!  They are the best shooting paint I have tried to date, and while not cheap, nor always easy to come by, they generally always spray the same way, with no need to buy a ton of thinner for mixing purposes, nor any guess work when it came to ratios either. 

The drying time for MRP is astoundingly quick, and most of the paints dry to a very nice semi-gloss sheen. 

MRP:

Pros :                                                              Cons:

fast drying time                                              smell of lacquer 

durable finish                                                 cost

easy spraying                                                 some colors can be harder to get

no mixing

good sheen

great flow through the ab