May I ask guidance for resin replicating a rather large piece?

I created a JBD for dioramas, but I'd need 3 of them and building this one alone took a considerable time and effort.

It would be smarter to replicate this one somehow

Problem is I have zero experience with resin. Where should I start? 
I can get the products easy enough but what I lack is the basic understanding and tutoring for such techniques

Here's the part I'm willing to replicate. I do realize it wasn't built for creating a mold, So I am aware that at least I may have to built another one specifically to create one? 

the left side is the JBD internal side (the other side is flat) - and the right part is the inner plate of the JBD

Both should be replicated separately.

Carrier_deck_016.png

Any hint, tip or method or advices to rebuild them with the molding process in mind is welcome.

Thanks

Edited by red Dog

• red Dog changed the title to May I ask guidance for resin replicating a rather large piece?

Excuse my ignorance but what’s a JBD? What are the dimensions of the finished castings?

May be I can give you some guidance but I need some more detail about what you’re trying to do.

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

3 hours ago, quang said:

Excuse my ignorance but what’s a JBD? What are the dimensions of the finished castings?

May be I can give you some guidance but I need some more detail about what you’re trying to do.

Cheers,

Quang

Jet blast deflector, on aircraft carrier. 343x133mm in 1/32 and  228x89mm in 1/48

2 hours ago, AEROPOXY said:

I considered that one, but after studying the dimensions of that model, I am afraid these are not accurate from what I gathered in my sources.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Everything looks quite simple to replicate except the rods in the left section. This is a problem. Otherwise a flat one side mold can be used for each section. We can discuss it if you want.

thank you very much, I'll be looking forward to that. the rods can be removed (they are not attached yet.)

Thank you all for chiming in :)

Edited by red Dog

• 2 weeks later...

Two flat parts should be no problem we run parts triple that size on a regular basis for some of our customers if you pm me I can sort you out, If you have access to plastic or perspex sheet bigger than you parts.

Bob

MDC