Land Cruisers! (And a Hilux)

4 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looks great Pete!

I'm about to invest in a Toy as well (albeit modern), but am not 100% if I'll be able to fit it in my garage in it's final configuration either.

cool!

not sure where I’m gonna put the Hilux; ‘cause Kristi gets the other bay…but I’ll figure it out!

cheers

P

• 1 month later...

Those particular models of Hilux and Cruiser are renowned for their reliability and capability. I've seen guys cook their dinner (wrapped in foil) by wiring it to the exhaust manifold.

Really common to see a Marks Chev V8 conversions in either and they become absolute beasts in snotty terrain.

I wish they made uncomplicated vehicles like that today. Whilst all the mod/cons are nice to have the added complexity and cost doesn't add up to value for me.

Matty

23 minutes ago, LSP_Matt said:

Those particular models of Hilux and Cruiser are renowned for their reliability and capability. I've seen guys cook their dinner (wrapped in foil) by wiring it to the exhaust manifold.

Really common to see a Marks Chev V8 conversions in either and they become absolute beasts in snotty terrain.

I wish they made uncomplicated vehicles like that today. Whilst all the mod/cons are nice to have the added complexity and cost doesn't add up to value for me.

Matty

thanks for the Link Matty! Very cool-

this one only makes about 100hp, but it’ll pull a tree stump out of the ground!

I agree. Love a simple, bulletproof vehicle that is easy to work on.

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!

Some bunch of diesel morons on YT have a late 80s/early 90s Hilux double cab they absolutely beat the EVER LIVING @#$%&! out of. Loaded the bed full with  cinder blocks and were jumping it at speed. Never really did remember them actually "breaking" it to where it wouldn't drive anymore.

Near bomb proof!  

2 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Saw that. Broke my heart to see them do that to such a pristine truck-

Personally I think they are a bunch of morons.  After Ive seen what they do to decent vehicles that could be either fixed up and used or sold/donated to someone who really needs them I dont even bother watching most of their crap anymore. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Personally I think they are a bunch of morons.  After Ive seen what they do to decent vehicles that could be either fixed up and used or sold/donated to someone who really needs them I dont even bother watching most of their crap anymore. 

I'm a redneck, and those dumb a$$h013s make me feel ashamed. No good sense at all.

Survived the trip all the way from Japan, thru New Hampshire, and then out to Iowa. Had to dump it one street over because the trailer couldn’t hack the turn onto my street. 
Needs a bath but looks like it managed the flatbed ride cross country with some gnarly winter weather unscathed-

SXS0ZaU.mp4

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

3 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Survived the trip all the way from Japan, thru New Hampshire, and then out to Iowa. Had to dump it one street over because the trailer couldn’t hack the turn onto my street. 
Needs a bath but looks like it survived the flatbread ride across country unscathed-

SXS0ZaU.mp4

Man I was hoping you would put up some pics/a vid when you got it!     Very cool.  Now you can deliver all the US mail you ever wanted! 

Just now, Out2gtcha said:

Man I was hoping you would put up some pics/a vid when you got it!     Very cool.  Now you can deliver all the US mail you ever wanted! 

my wife was just joking about the same thing!

Gotta say- it is a blast to drive. Been bombing around town for the last two days- got my fair share of funny looks.

P