Macchi C-202 21st Century

Sabre F-86

Started this about two weeks ago, and have already broken down and started to redo the cockpit. Currently putting the frames and longerons in place. The cockpit floor was also modified, as the foot rests for the rudder were molded in one piece to the floor. Sawed them off and thinned them out, so they show a small gap underneath. Colors. That is a head  ache. The paints mentioned are out of production, and it looks like Mega hobby is going to get an order for some Lifecolor paints. No one here sells them that I am aware of. I'll have some pics next post.

• 2 weeks later...

AK Interactive Real Color line has exact colors for C.202. You're going for smoke rings camo? Brown sand/ dark green top and grey underside? Let me know-I have Sqn.Signal Walkaround of C. 205 with all colors in FS used by Italians.

• 1 month later...

Artoor, I'd greatly appreciate the FS numbers. I plan on the smoke ring camo. I did one for a customer years ago in 1/72 and really liked how it turned out. This one is coming along slowly but I have 12 days of vacation starting Thursday, so fingers x'd, i should get it done before the time limit runs out. 

20 hours ago, Sabre F-86 said:

Artoor, I'd greatly appreciate the FS numbers. I plan on the smoke ring camo. I did one for a customer years ago in 1/72 and really liked how it turned out. This one is coming along slowly but I have 12 days of vacation starting Thursday, so fingers x'd, i should get it done before the time limit runs out. 

Yn9kut4.png

10 hours ago, Sabre F-86 said:

Thanks very much. It's coming along better now. If I can find my camera I'll  post some pics.

Remember that wheels in this one are undersized and should be changed. There are AM wheels for MC200 which are suitable. 

Made a note about the wheels. Sadly, I've been working on getting this puppy together,  small details are coming together all over. But I'm not happy with the cockpit and had to start over again. The instrument panel is a big bummer, the raised dials are a PITA to clean up for decals. Either can't get the needles cleared decently, or I take part of the dial ring away. Thinking about sanding it down to paper thickness after drilling out the dials and putting a backing panel to it. Anyway, there is no way I'm gonna make the deadline. But I will persevere. Thanks to you I have the colors down, and I'll go have a look for the AM wheels. WIsh to hell retirement would hurry up and arrive. :)