Trump Vought F4U-1D vs Tamiya F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair

TonyDrake

OK - want an excuse to build this - I have a hellcat (trump) and 2xTamy corsairs (all already on show here), but this is stinking up my stash...

I want to build it 'in flight' mode using the 'blur blades' and using the Tamiya pilot and stand. That way I don't need to worry too much about the cockpit, and tires... ;-)

Also experimenting for the first time with paining masks from Montex - this is my first GB or Build on LSP - so be kind ;-)

952146-12741-98-pristine.jpg120503-10149-pristine.jpg

Edited by TonyDrake
Change heading

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this from someone's 'thinning stash' craziness (why would anyone do that) - for about 1/3 price...  Box a bit worse for wear, but content is perfect - Might got the the tri color and some basic weathering... as a parallel build... (which is what I've done in the past and enjoyed a lot)...ExZIE2uU8AIFHgb?format=jpg&name=large

ExZIF2oVIAQICbd?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by TonyDrake

Nice score!

Comparatively, the Tamiya F4U is to the Trumpeter F4U, what a Chevrolet Chevette is to a Bugatti Veyron.

11 hours ago, TonyDrake said:

btw, how do I edit the title?

Go to your very first post where you made the title, and edit the post. Then click on the title area and you should be able to edit the title from there.

• TonyDrake changed the title to Trump Vought F4U-1D vs Tamiya F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair