So what have i been working on for the last two years??

David Hansen

I mentioned in my last posting in CORKTIP 632 that i wanted to build a VF-211 Tomcat.

So, i did. here it is.....

IMG_0455

Tamiya 48th scale kit, finished with Eduard Ejection Seats and Wheels and a MASTER brass AoA probe.

DH F14A 013

Todd Enlund provided the "110" Modex and BuAer Number decals, as well as paint masks for the "NG" Tail Code and stylized "VF-211"s that go on the ventral fins.

The Model was painted with Mr Color Super White on the Undersurfaces, Tailplanes, Rudders , Flaps, and Spoilers. The Gull Gray was Mr Color H315 Gloss Light Gull Gray.

Upper Integrated 003

You could make the argument that the model isn't finished yet, since i'm still waiting on some pilots names to go on the canopy rails.

Side View IMG_0460

The distinctive red white and blue markings were done using Tamiya Liquid Primer, Mr Color Thunderbird Blue, and Tamiya Red. The red pinstripes running along the fuselage sides were done with Microscale pinstripe decal.

Tamiya White Primer Stripe- Stbd 002 Red Pinstripes Red Stripe- Stbd 002

The distinctive red and white checkerboard pattern on the vertical fins was masked and painted by hand. Todd came thru with some nice masks to make the job easier, but i didn't receive them until after the heavy lifting was done...

Vertical 029 Vertical 037 Vertical 041 Vertical 044 Vertical 048 Vertical 049 Vertical 051 Vertical 054 IMG_0465 IMG_0468 IMG_0471 IMG_0473 IMG_0478

So, this is the second of 2 Tomcats i built. The last of my Tomcat Trilogy....coming soon!