JASDF Phantom experts, I need help

Can someone tell me if this F-4 is a Kai (the green one)?

DXM is doing this scheme in 1/32. Is it possible to use the tamiya f-4ej kit out of the box?

And why is it called RF-4e if it has the standard nose, I thought RF was using that special nose (blue plane).fFZQbK5eItp12hDMPXP8E5OCSXAOzQ7comvRFZt7

Second question, is this nose (blue plane) available in 1/32? Resin, 3d print? 

HUxvolEkP2RxL3fuAIo73bh0zgjNRya7zYl_0mtn

The first is indeed a Kai. Just look at the double antenna on the tail trailing edge above the rudder.

There is no 1/32 rounded RF-4 nose. The Revell RF-4C/E or the old Blackbox resin set are giving you the angular nose variant.

The JSDAF modified a small batch of F-4EJ fighters into reco planes in spite of the fact they do not have the camera nose. This explains that weird "RF-4EJ" type.

15 minutes ago, allbann said:

Really? It must be a google Photos problem. So irritating!

Is there any better place to upload pictures, for free of course:D

Sometimes just switching (ever so temporarily) to Chrome works for me, but not in this instance. Not free, but for a fairly modest annual fee, I use Image Shack, and have had absolutely no regrets. The days of my using free hosts is pretty much over.

4 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The JSDAF modified a small batch of F-4EJ fighters into reco planes in spite of the fact they do not have the camera nose. This explains that weird "RF-4EJ" type.

This is rather like the old Tornado GR1 RAF attack aircraft which also had a GR1A recce variant (updated to GR4 and GR4A in the early 2000s) which carried an integral internal recce suite, originally designed in the late 70s/early 80s, though with minor upgrades through the years.

The introduction of later more capable equipment such as the AAQ-28 Litening pod made the earlier internal systems redundant, and in the Litening's case could be carried by a variety of aircraft, not just the original -1A or -4A variants.

The RF-4EJ are recce types while retaining their cannon armed noses.

Three different recce sensor pods can be carried;

LOROP (with a KS-146B camera fitted)

TACER (electronic reconnaissance pod with data link), and the

TAC (featuring KS-135A and KS-95B cameras, and a D-500UR IR 9 infra-red system).

Thoughtfully the Japanese have made it possible to tell which is which by their fin serial numbers. To keep things simple, you'll notice the JASDF split their serial numbers in two. The first digit of the second group indicates the role, with 6 being for recon, and 8 being a fighter.

It's therefore possible to see for example F-4EJ nose number 380 as 67-8380 before conversion in its purely fighter days, but which can now be seen as RF-4EJ 67-6380

The serial change suggests the conversion is more complex than simply attaching an external recce pod, and some modification to the airframe has been made.

I'm not seeing your photos either, and the URL isn't an IMGUR one.

Try this: call up your image on your screen from your online source.

Ignore any handy links you may be presented with, then copy the image address which is a right click option in Windows but will have some Apple device equivalent I'm sure, if required. In your post, choose 'edit', then click 'Insert image from URL' and paste the URL you copied earlier. Save and exit your post.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Chek
photos tip