1/32 Special Hobby P-36

ChrisS

Chris,

Superb work. I really like your weathering effects on your engine and cockpit sidewalls. You have probably already explained how you do this, but at the risk of being tedious, could you please re-iterate for me exactly how you achieve your weahtering effects please?

Sarge: Nice cockpit photographs...thanks for sharing.

Many thanks

Derek

Chris,

Superb work. I really like your weathering effects on your engine and cockpit sidewalls. You have probably already explained how you do this, but at the risk of being tedious, could you please re-iterate for me exactly how you achieve your weahtering effects please?

Sarge: Nice cockpit photographs...thanks for sharing.

Many thanks

Derek

Derek,

Thanks.

The engine is simply oil paint washes of Umber. I've since added some highlighting with a silver pencil, and I'll post a pic of that later on.

Let me finish the sidewalls and post a pic of them completed as well and I'll include a diatribe on how-to. No big secrets here though, so be prepared to say "I knew THAT already!!" Mostly just oil washes and silver pencil, maybe a few fingerprints for good measure.

;)

Guest LSP_Jay L
[ Mostly just oil washes and silver pencil, maybe a few fingerprints for good measure.

:)

I see we use the same method! :ph34r:

Superb work on this bird Chris, I am really enjoying it.

Sarge, you are doing a great job here, and while I think humility is a nice trait, you can be very proud if your one so far.

Cheers mate,

Jay

A little more progress. The office is almost complete, gunsight, headrest and guns are all that's left. Here are the completed side walls prior to the final details and sealing her up for airframe assembly.

Port Sidewall detail.

post-4-1137013755.jpg