Instrument Bezels

Hi All

I am currently building the Matchbox Bf109-E and dressing up the cockpit. I am using airscale instrument decals and photo etch instrument bezels. the decals went down nicely. What is the recommendation for the best method of attaching the brass bezels? 

Many thanks in anticipation of your advice.:)

Paul

I'm always using Future to do that. It leaves close to zero residue and when dried, it is so thin that it has no visible thickness. Moreover, it is hard when dried. So, it supports sanding if required. Have a look here: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/84876-cold-war-frankenmig-27/&do=findComment&comment=1201636

If you have no Future/Klear simply use any acrylic varnish. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, thierry laurent said:

I'm always using Future to do that. It leaves close to zero residue and when dried, it is so thin that it has no visible thickness. Moreover, it is hard when dried. So, it supports sanding if required. Have a look here: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/84876-cold-war-frankenmig-27/&do=findComment&comment=1201636

If you have no Future/Klear simply use any acrylic varnish. 

So do you dip it or paint it on the back of the bezel?

Tim

3 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

So do you dip it or paint it on the back of the bezel?

Tim

Hi Tim. No, I put a small drop on the panel where the bezel needs to be positioned. And if you want to get a better bond, just paint the internal and external edges of the bezel afterwards. 

Hth

Thierry