1/32 Bf 109G6/as Amur Reaver conversion to G10 possible?

Antonio Argudo

I got this set to use in the Revell G6 kit, but I actually installed in the G10 Erla Revell kit and feats, so I wonder if it's correct for a G10?  it is way bulky than the Revell kit had,  or it had different engine?  is the same used in the K? always confused by all these late version lol, cheers

Whats-App-Image-2020-04-22-at-00-49-09.j

Whats-App-Image-2020-04-22-at-00-49-37.j

Edited by Antonio Argudo

Well, yes and no! 

Is it a G6AS or G14AS conversion? If this is the latter you have the correct deeper G10 radiator. Most of the other differences are small ones such as differences related to hatches, small nose bulges, etc. This also depends on the G10 you want to reproduce. Globally, the G10 Erla has close to everything you need for any other G10 except the nose features and the AS planes had a nose that was very close to the two common G10 types. So, this is possible with some additional work. To me the most annoying difference to add is probably the two bulges under the nose, close to the propeller. 

The lower cowl and oil cooler housing on the Erla version were very different from the MTT/WNF later G-14AS and G-10. The Erla lower cowl is wider at the front and asymmetrical in cross-section - the oil cooler was more shallow and greater in width than MTT/WNF counterparts.  One would be better off starting with the G-6 and adding chin bulges + deeper oil cooler with the AMUR conversion kit.

My 0.02 cents worth.

HTH,

Damian

• 8 months later...

as a (semi) relevant follow-up, as far as i can see the only one of these beautiful conversions that is still around on ebay (where AMUR Reaver sell their stuff) is the G-6/AS.

I have one of the regular G-6 sets but am gutted i never picked up the Erla sets.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:11 AM, nmayhew said:

as a (semi) relevant follow-up, as far as i can see the only one of these beautiful conversions that is still around on ebay (where AMUR Reaver sell their stuff) is the G-6/AS.

I have one of the regular G-6 sets but am gutted i never picked up the Erla sets.

Ask him , he may be able to pop you one.  :shrug: