Peter Dousek Rosie the Riveting tool 0.75mm

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Note I'm refering to the original one relying on a machined steel wheel as it looks the last releases of Rosie are now using photoetched wheels as well. 

I believe Radu supplies the parts for that brand now, so the Rivet-R and Rosie tools are essentially the same thing these days (happy to be corrected on that score, though).

Kev

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I believe Radu supplies the parts for that brand now, so the Rivet-R and Rosie tools are essentially the same thing these days (happy to be corrected on that score, though).

Kev

Given that the one I saw a picture of today said Radub.com right on the wheel, I'd say you're safe in that assumption!!

Edited by BiggTim

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, Radub said:

The Irish government asked all "non-essential businesses" to close. All travel is restricted to "essential needs" within a radius of 2 Km from home. Because of that we had to close the office two weeks ago. The website is still open to take orders with the caveat that we have no idea when we can ship the orders. If something is "marked out of stock" on the website, that is simply because we were unable to update the stocks numbers in the on-line shop. When this will be over, we will produce more. Before we closed the office, the post office was not accepting packages to certain destinations anyway. Also, we were experiencing all kinds of "chain of supply" issues with many basic supplies - for example, the place where we were getting our packaging was also closed. It is inevitable that there will be delays in our production, as our suppliers will also have to return to business and they also depend on others and so on. We were supposed to come out of the shutdown on 14 April, but that was extended until 4 May. No one knows yet, but it is possible that it will be extended again (hopefully not). We have no control over this. 

I hope this explains the situation. 

Radu 

Hi Radu,

This reminds me, when you are finally sorted, that I must order some more Rivet-R disks off you (if you supply them separately?) please, as I have been using them on my latest scratch build and have found the teeth have worn (unevenly) around areas of the disk circumference, so the rivet pattern is no longer a consistent depth along each run. 

Best regards and thanks

Derek

43 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Hi Radu,

This reminds me, when you are finally sorted, that I must order some more Rivet-R disks off you (if you supply them separately?) please, as I have been using them on my latest scratch build and have found the teeth have worn (unevenly) around areas of the disk circumference, so the rivet pattern is no longer a consistent depth along each run. 

Best regards and thanks

Derek

Hi Derek, 

We hope to open the store next week, so we hope to get back to "normal" in the coming weeks.

All sharp edges blunt eventually, be they saws, scalpels, scribers or needles. :) If I discovered the "everlasting sharp edge" I would be a bazillionnarire. :D

Radu