Operation Bodenplatte Decals

JerseyChris

Hi chaps, I’m currently reading a fascinating book about Operation Bodenplatte and it’s inspired me to dig one of my Hasegawa FW 190’s out of the stash. I’ve had a look online for decals specifically for Bodenplatte machines but haven’t found much. Any suggestions?

many thanks

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Chris,

Are you interested in one particular aircraft in the Kagero book?   Let me know.  I might be able to help.  I don’t think the decals cover all the aircraft in the books however.  

Regards

Troy 

Hi Troy,

I’m currently reading “Bodenplatte: The Luftwaffes Last Hope” and there is a plethora of crates I’d like to model. I’ve got an A5 and a D9 so am looking for the correct decals. I want to be authentic in that I don’t want to put decals that were on an Anton onto a Dora! The kagero books look spot on though, so I’m sure I’ll find something. Thanks for your help 

15 minutes ago, JerseyChris said:

I’ve got an A5 and a D9...

The D-9 is period-correct, the A-5 not so much. You'll need an A-8 for Bodenplatte.

Also, while I've never seen Bodenplatte specific decals, most any Luftwaffe markings dated late December would very likely be correct since virtually every operational fighter that could fly was thrown at the January 1st attack. 

HTH,

D

Hey Chris,  

Go  ahead and PM me.  The book has (if I recall correctly) a white 3 and a yellow 15.   Just basic fuselage marking and possibly Wr. Numbers.  Not a complete set of decals for an entire a/c.   I’ll check for you later today.  

Cheers,

Troy