Lukgraph DH 89 Rapide

I looked on the RAF Yatesbury website hoping for a bit more info and maybe pictures but not a lot of interest there I’m afraid, nor in the IWM collection. I doubt there’s much at the National Archives in what’s available digitised but I’ll look later.

Lothar, my build isn’t scheduled at all yet, I have several exciting kits in the pipeline as you well know but it “could” figure in the Training GB, ah no, there’s the Silver Wings Tiger Moth ...... oh and a Hunter T7 conversion that some kind gentleman sent me!! Decisions, decisions after the Lightning is finished! 

13 hours ago, mozart said:

I looked on the RAF Yatesbury website hoping for a bit more info and maybe pictures but not a lot of interest there I’m afraid, nor in the IWM collection. I doubt there’s much at the National Archives in what’s available digitised but I’ll look later.

Lothar, my build isn’t scheduled at all yet, I have several exciting kits in the pipeline as you well know but it “could” figure in the Training GB, ah no, there’s the Silver Wings Tiger Moth ...... oh and a Hunter T7 conversion that some kind gentleman sent me!! Decisions, decisions after the Lightning is finished! 

Oh so true Max, and then there's some nice weather with other things to enjoy.......

This is one interesting (to me! :coolio:) picture that was on the RAF Yatesbury site, trainee w/ops, all togged up in their Sidcot-type suits:

OLqzKM.png

I've since found out a bit more about this picture, one of the students is Walter (Wally) Layne, the chap on the right is an instructor.  This was in 1940, so 4 students, 1 instructor.

Edited by mozart
1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

FYI, if he does not have the boots, he has a similar suit:

https://retrokitonline.net/product/wwi-allied-airman-with-sidcot-suit

This is one of the rare figures that may be used for pre-war planes. Personally, I will add goggles.

Love that figure Thierry, thanks for the link!  I've ordered 2 but I'll be changing the head on both and probably the arms on one!

Edited by mozart
40 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

There's a Bader figure wearing similar, you can buy it here.

Thanks Andy, I already have the Bader one, intended for my Silver Wings Bulldog but I paid a fortune for it to be shipped from Australia because it wasn't then available in the UK - the eBay seller was the chap I was in communication with but he's obviously managed to get more stock.  Might just get another one though! :rolleyes:

I’ve just checked my Paypal a/c and found that it was marginally cheaper to get it from Oz than it is now from Darlington! 

Edited by mozart
12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I've got the Automobile Association decals ready to go.  Please see my post in the Vendor area...

I notice from your artwork that the AA aeroplanes don't have a chrome AA badge

I've never checked to see if AA vans have AA badges. Or if RAC vans have RAC badges

Maybe I'll stop thinking about this...

Richard

14 hours ago, RLWP said:

I notice from your artwork that the AA aeroplanes don't have a chrome AA badge

I've never checked to see if AA vans have AA badges. Or if RAC vans have RAC badges

Maybe I'll stop thinking about this...

Richard

Jennings said the instructions call for you to place a circle of chrome where the badge will be so that it shows through the decals.