Recommendations for best matte and gloss varnish?

Citadelgrad

I am at that stage where i need to seal some work and prep for markings including wet transfers. 

I have read almost wvery build thread, and most just say “i sealed with some matte (or gloss) varnish. 

i am returning to the hobby by way of 1/35 armor, where i just applied filters and washed directly to the paint.   Since i will be changing up a bit on aircraft, i need to stock up some sealing products.  

My main problem is, every person i speak to in person has a different recommendation. 

i will be spraying through an airbrush.  

thanks, all

I am still partial to the rattle can or bottle-to-airbrush Testors Model Master lacquers. Adhesion is excellent, and they are very durable. I have yet to try the acrylic water-soluble clears by other brands, though many swear by them. What sort of paint do you typically spray? That might help you decide what your comfort level is.

For gloss coats I use Tamiya's X22 thinned 50:50 with Tamiya lacquer thinner and have never had any problems getting a good gloss coat.  For flat coats I use either Alcad's flat, which works well airbrushed on in very light coats or Mission Models flat which also goes down very nicely.  Both can be sprayed in such a way to alter the appearance from semi-gloss through dead flat.