Pacific Coast MC 200

PietvWdV

Thanks for the words guy! Thery mean a lot. I am not un-proud of the model. I am just severely shell shocked and humbled by it. I feel a bit...violated :P

Dave, those decals would be welcome! Thank you for those links, they were exactly what the doctor ordered :D , and I like your chosen scheme! I want to do a winter one though. I was thinking of the bolshy party one that stood by Za Rodina.

I've slowely started her a week ago, but I have been keeping photo record. Perhaps when I'm back I'll start a thread...no, I probably will definitely, I need the redemption B)

Piet

Well done my friend on what was obviously a difficult kit. The finish is very well done and the weathering very realistic.

BZ

BTW, good Pink Floyd stuff there, I had the oportunity to see them live in London (the pulse gig) but was offered a trip in a Harrier T4 at Wittering, obviously I took the trip in the jet but my buddy went to see them and said they were awesome.

really cool paint job and weathering, Piet !

I especially like the sun bleaching (is it the correct word for it ?) and by following the different steps it sounds like taht kit was not a day at the beach ...

The same company is to release a Macchi 202, an dthat I'm awaiting with impatience ...

Again, cool job !

Cheers

Stef (#6)

One word of advice with the PE set, which is great, is that the undercarriage bits are laid out wrong. Follow that web link and you will see what I mean.

I will dig out the decals. They ARE thin (the only fault),which is why I was wondering if you wanted to try masks out? There are only 2 or 3 colours on VVS markings after all!

Thankx again for looking guys!

Jamie, I would have chosen the same, but what a terrible choice to have to make!

Stef, I am also waiting for the 202. My wife says this 200 looks like a dolphin, but the 202 like a shark <_<

Dave, Thanks for the PE advice, I shall heed it! On the decals. I understood data decals to be stencils and dataplates, but it seems I am wrong and they are a decal make. Since I have now chosen the scheme I will do, which will use the trump decals as some made by me, you should hang on to your sheet,specially since datadecals has closed it's doors it seems. But thanx for the offer. Did you see your EZ line on the 200? :P

I don't know Piet... I think it turned out fantastic! Great job on the camo and the weathering - I only hope mine will turn out as good. I'm heading into the shop tonight after work to resume the build - after a three month hiatus... <_< I hope I can remember where I left off...

Yeah, the landing gear look like a problem area all around. There doesn't seem to be much to glue them onto in the wheel wells...

Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics later...

-randy