Vallejo RLM Confusion

AlanG

36 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Yes.  Just make sure it's completely off-gassed before you close it up in a jar.

That will take a while, patience needed. Be careful shaking decanted paint, it can make quite the mess. Ask me how I know. ;)

Stirring recommended.

A good way to tell if you have degassed enough is to stir the paint after decanting.......................if after a tiny bit little teeny tiny bubbles appear, its not done yet. I have in the past decanted a decent amount (usually through a straw to keep back spray down from shooting the rattle can directly into a cup - larger straw works good) into a sealable jar, and left the lid off overnight and checked it in the morning. You can always thin it back down if it gets too concentrated, but as was mentioned, do NOT seal up decanted paint if you are not 100% sure its degassed. 

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I love the way Tamiyas spray cans work and lay down, its just that there is SO much particulate that come out, and SO little control, it's hard for me to use them for anything but general work. Decanting works well for me for the AB, but is a bit of a PITA.

Absolutely decant, otherwise you're wasting 90% of the paint.

It is more convenient tho  :rolleyes:

On 2/10/2019 at 6:28 AM, Dave Williams said:

If you mean the higher 200 series numbers, I figured that would be true, but it’s not accurate for RLM81.  I bought their new color 71.264, but it’s a medium green-tan color that looks nothing like the color shown in the photo of Do335 “105”.  I ended up getting the original 71.043 color, which is a dark chocolate brown and more like the photo.  Haven’t seen their 200 series RLM 82, but I’m happy with the old one 71.022.

32957132158_b8357ef875_o.png

Just wanted to say, many thanks for the photo.  I have hundreds of the 335, but not this one.  Excellent color and light.  

Paul C