ICM 2019 Catalogue

LSP_Kevin

12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I strongly suspect they’d like to do that very thing, but I know from someone who has worked with them on new projects that they’re basically running at 110% of full capacity right now.  They simply don’t have the ability to do all they want to do.

ICM have come such a long way in terms of quality from when they began in the 1990's with their 1/48 and 1/72 Yak-9's.  These new 1/32 scale offerings (and the other new things in smaller scales) are light years ahead of those early offerings.

I hope they continue with the esoteric single-engine releases that no one else is doing.  I love the Soviet subjects they have done, like the family of I-16's (type 10 and forward) and the I-153.  If they chose to, they could continue to fill out with early I-15 series Polikarpov biplanes.  The pending arrival of a 1/32 scale Gloster Gladiator is a wonderful thought, too.

Edited by esarmstrong

Really looking forward to the Gladiator, which should get a lot of mileage in various Baltic markings. 

A scaled-up "flat pack" 1/32 Foxbat would be stunning. Another Baltic beast, and with a Ukrainian connection. Found the 1/48 Foxbat a real treat to build. Requires care, but I liken ICM to Tamiya or Hasegawa in engineering fit moulded in Trumpy Boss styrene. 

The Revell Ju 88 and He 111 kits are pretty good, but a scaled-up Do 215 and 217 night-fighter would really be something.

Quite tempted by ICM's 1/24 car kits and figures too. Might dip into those this year. Ford Model T might be a hoot!

Tony