Dragon's Sturmpanzer IV- 27/Dec/18

Gazzas

12 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Hi Everyone, Ready for the base paint for the uppers. Does anyone remember the old Tamiya boxart where the pattern looked more like block-work?

Gaz

You're referring to the waffle pattern?

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

You're referring to the waffle pattern?

No, not the Zimmerit, the camouflage pattern.  It looked distinctively as if the guy that applied the camp tried to make it look as if the boxy superstructure was either a small block building, or some marbled stone.

Gaz

30 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

No, not the Zimmerit, the camouflage pattern.  It looked distinctively as if the guy that applied the camp tried to make it look as if the boxy superstructure was either a small block building, or some marbled stone.

Gaz

Nope, never heard of that. Sounds interesting though, like the T-34 with the tree shapes painted on it.

Since my last post, I've been busying myself with paint and final assemblies.  I hope to paint the schürzen after work tomorrow.

The scheme is my own from a memory in my childhood.  Number twelve is fictitious though I have seen 1, 2, 3, 10, and 15 and I know the Abteilung at one time had 36 vehicles.  The Dragon decals snugged down nicely into my zimmerit.

48425275_571003286699750_732079585079853

48932589_571003366699742_343028386412625

49314179_571003386699740_180544379555518

Thanks for looking!

Gaz

22 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I like it too. Still don't recall seeing anything like it before, but it certainly seems possible.

Because I can't find the artwork on the web, I wonder if my memory is playing tricks on me.  But it seem plausible that some crewman felt like trying to make his Sturmpanzer look like an Italian outbuilding, or fit into some rock wall somewhere.

Just did the first work of oils...  Zimmerit really complicates matters.

Gaz