Battle of Britain BF-110C Stab./ZG 26

Uncarina

I like that very much Tom, lots of small finishing touches which for me make all the difference, like the slightly deflected rudders (which presumably you went to the trouble of separating from the fins), the realistic finish you've achieved on the undercarriage and exhausts and not least the excellent paint scheme.  Well done indeed.

Max, I really appreciate your kind comments. I did most of the work so long ago that I had forgotten the rudder modification until I resurrected the build. At the time I used to do a lot of this with various builds, and I should probably keep doing so; I must be getting lazy! For the slats I had the Mastercasters version, but I went with cutting out the kit slats instead, since they had a better fit.

Cheers, Tom

Maru,

Thank you! I’ve always appreciated your kind support of my builds. Not sure what you mean by the avatar; mine has always been a seedpod, and I still see it.

Cheers,  Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Maru,

I missed the show by two days; I was away on business in the Northern Territory and Western Australia. It would have been great to meet you and th other fine members of the forum!

Cheers,  Tom

Lovely build ... of a lovely kit! ... 

Everything that the old Revell monstrosity wishes it could be!

I take it that you've used the Dragon C-7 kit? ... If so, were there any modifications/omissions to parts you've made to achieve your BoB A/C?

:goodjob:

Rog :)

20 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Lovely build ... of a lovely kit! ... 

Everything that the old Revell monstrosity wishes it could be!

I take it that you've used the Dragon C-7 kit? ... If so, were there any modifications/omissions to parts you've made to achieve your BoB A/C?

:goodjob:

Rog :)

Rog,

Thank you! Sorry to have missed you in Perth last week; I had a pretty short turnaround time, but look forward to my next visit. That was some storm! Yes, it's the C-7 kit. I built it mostly out of the box, just cutting out the slats and rudders; it went together really well, but for some reason languished for years. I'm glad I cleared it off the shelf!

Cheers, Tom

15 hours ago, MikeC said:

That's superb.  How did I miss it?  Well done on an excellent model.  :goodjob:

Mike,

Thank you! You are very kind. I had always wanted to build one with the RLM 02 pattern, which I find more interesting than the common RLM 74/75.

Cheers, Tom