Revell F4U1

bcauchi

hi brian!

sorry that it took so long for me to answer.

i am using pigments for anything i want to dust. my source for these pigments is an artist store here in graz. you get all pigments, which are normally used for oils, as a powder. the costs for 1dag are between 10 and 20 cent. so they are extremely cheap and you can mix them to any kind of color you want to have. you can bring them on dry with a brush, or use some white spirit to make a mud like viscosity, bring them on and then remoove the access when its dry again. the weathering powders you get from MIG productions is nothing else than these powders, but are way way way overpriced. the solvent MIG productions is selling to bring on the powders is nothing else than white spirit.

i have used the pigments from the artist store on this little 1/72 tank. a mixture of siena nature, feather white and a bit green umber, in particular. siena nature was the main fraction of course.

3638656462636366.jpg

3936326466643538.jpg

cheers klaus

Bill,

Superbly done and weathered. A remarkably realistic representation of one hard working Corsair. It really didn't need a base. It was exceptional before. The base adds a new and different dynamic that she fits in very nicely. A most impressive piece of work.

Regards,

Geoff