USAAF pilot in 1/24

TimW

So it seems odd, but there do not appear to be many (if any) USAAF pilots in 1/24th.

I have the Trumpy P-51 with the very nice LtCol Eagleston figures...

But apart from 2 figures I found (one of a USAAF pilot in the PTO and another of a 12th AF guy) there's, well, nothing?  Or maybe my Google-fu just isn't that strong?

Cheers,

Tim W.

Interesting, I was just researching that too and found the same two figures. There doesn't seem to be much else, apart from the figures that came in the 1/24 Trumpeter kits (USAAF in the Mustang, and RAF in the Spitfire) and although they're not too bad, they're in rather stiff poses. Ultracast has a beautiful late-war RAF pilot for the Airfix Typhoon. I'm guessing that 1/24 is not that big a market yet. Maybe as we all get older and our eyesight gets worse, 1/24 will become more popular and we'll see a few more figures. That's my theory anyway.

I'm planning to do one of my 1/24 Airfix Mustangs as Don Strait's "Jersey Jerk" and was hoping to stand a figure beside it. I was also looking for a USAAF figure to convert to something resembling an RCAF Auxiliary pilot in the 1950s for my 424 Squadron Mustang. Maybe some of the 1/24 car racing figures could be modified.

Flying%20Officer%20M%20K%20Holstien%20Se

What is really needed is ground crew figures in 1/32 and 1/24, particularly RAF.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

I love that figure!  But in the Kinetic Jug kit I have you can do a New Guinea or a Normandy P-47.  That guy would work for the Pacific.  So would the 12th AF Figure, I'm guessing.

I have the Typhoon pilot--he's excellent.   Given all the P-51s out there, you'd think there would be an ETO guy.

Maybe I'll do a PTO bird...that would make things  a bit easier!

Cheers,

Tim W.

Scratch build one...... :help:

Probably beyond my capabilities at this time.

The 12th AF guy looks good, though--maybe better for what I have in mind.

Tim W.

I'm dumb enough to buy him, but am not sure all that gear works for the 43-44 period.

I could be wrong.

Fortunately I have some time to decide.

Kit arrived today.  Guess I'd better start a build thread!

Tim W.

Series 77 used to offer a USAAF pilot. While the resurrected company line does not currently offer that particular figure (see www.series77.com/064.html ) you might be able to find an original offering on line/EBay. I had one but recently passed it on to a fellow modeller. I still have the Series 77 RAF and Luftwaffe fighter and Stuka pilots as well as the Imrie Risley's RAF and Luftwaffe pilots in 1/24 scales.

Edited by Grizly