Revell Mirage questions (Possible use of parts for a 1/32 Mirage F 1?)

Derek B

Guest Airfixer

Be it a Mirage F-1CG or a 2000 or an F-4E...the Polemiki Aeroporia has one of the most attractive tactical paint schemes. If not THE most attractive TPS of all.

P.S.

I'm a great fan of the vertical twin.

And those memories of "RAF Binbrook Open Day '87" are still giving me goose bumps right to this day...

Be it a Mirage F-1CG or a 2000 or an F-4E...the Polemiki Aeroporia has one of the most attractive tactical paint schemes. If not THE most attractive TPS of all.

P.S.

I'm a great fan of the vertical twin.

And those memories of "RAF Binbrook Open Day '87" are still giving me goose bumps right to this day...

Agreed :thumbsup:

Nice to hear Erik. I served at Binbrook between 1977 and 1982, and as you may tell from my profile picture, I still am very much involved with (two live and running) 'vertical twins'! ;)

Derek

On 1/20/2017 at 3:59 PM, Menelaos said:

it's a mystery to me that such a famous aircraft never produced as an 1:32 model kit..... :hmmm: :mental:

Same here Menelaos. However, now Kitty Hawk is going to produce a 1/32 Mirage 2000 kit, we can hope that they will follow up with the Miage F 1C (as well as enlarging their Super Etendard IV to 1/32 perhaps as well?).

Personally, I have enlarged a set of drawings to 1/32 scale for the Mirage IV A, as this is such a large and menacing bomber, I just have to make one, but not for a long time though (now I would definitely be very surprised if anyone will make one of those as an IM plastic kit!).

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Guest Airfixer

Gute Frage...

I'm afraid, we won't see any injection-moulded 32nd scale kits of a Mirage F-1 in the foreseeable future.

A few years ago, I would have put my money on Kitty Hawk, but they already released two in 1/48th scale, and now the 32nd scale Mirage 2000 is slowly getting in reach. Who else might take a chance on the F-1? Another F-1 from KH? I don't know...

There's always something...

Edited by Airfixer

Same here Menelaos. However, now Kitty Hawk is going to produce a 1/32 Mirage 2000 ki, we can hope that they will follow up with the Miage F 1C (as well as enlarging their Super Etendard IV to 1/32 perhaps as well?).

Personally, I have enlarged a set of drawings to 1/32 scale for the Mirage IV A, as this is such a large and menacing bomber, I just have to make one, but not for a long time though (now I would definitely be very surprised if anyone will make one of those as an IM plastic kit!).

Cheers

Derek

It's (the IV) a monster in 1/32

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I made several photos from the transparant F-1 display at the Le Bourget museum. May be interesting to study.

I published them on the IPMS NL site here:

http://www.ipms.nl/walkarounds/walkaround-vliegtuigen-jets/2395-walkaround-mirage-f1.html

f1-.jpg

M. de Vreeze  /designer / mydesign

Edited by mydesign

Hi

I made several photos from the transparant F-1 display at the Le Bourget museum. May be interesting to study.

I published them on the IPMS NL site here:

http://www.ipms.nl/walkarounds/walkaround-vliegtuigen-jets/2395-walkaround-mirage-f1.html

f1-.jpg

M. de Vreeze  /designer / mydesign

Hello Meindert,

It is wonderful to hear from you again. Great photograph of 1:1 scale plastic kit with full detail interior (all it now requires is a Trumpeter logo!)  :lol: 

The images are really useful, so thank you.

Best regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

You'd have to suspect Kittyhawk will upscale their 48th scale Mirage F1 at some point considering they are doing similar with the Jag (even though I know it isn't a direct scaling function...)

And speaking of Mirage 2000....Ian Black's next book is called Zinc and is going to be on the Mirage 2000.

Check out firestreak publications

The Lightning and Phantom books are excellent.

PS, I would very much like a single seater and two seater Mirage F1.

Edited by stresser