1/32 A6M3 Zero type 32 wing tips?

USCGMK1

Hello new guy here, I lurk around from time to time. I was seeing if anyones done a conversion to make a 1/32 A6M3 Hamp?

I've seen the type 22 conversion on here and it looks tempting, but would really like to do a type 32. I know UMI resin made a conversion but i can never find the kit anywhere. I've experimented on 2 separate 21st Century Zero wings with chopping, sanding, and putty but it never comes out right to me or maybe it did and might just be my OCD. Clipping them isn't the problem, I have the 1/32 scale plans for the panel lines, but it seems to be the tips that I can't get shaped right. Any help, links, or instruction is welcome.

There is no conversion that is commercially available that I'm aware of. The wing of the model 32 is different from the model 22 in more ways than just the wingtips. Mitsubishi eliminated the gap between the aileron and flap (noticeable only on the underside) so there's more to do than just create shortened wing tips. You'll also need to replicate the outboard wing fuel tanks, easily done by scribing a snall circle, representing the filler cap at the proper place on the wing.

Good luck with the project.

There is no conversion that is commercially available that I'm aware of. The wing of the model 32 is different from the model 22 in more ways than just the wingtips. Mitsubishi eliminated the gap between the aileron and flap (noticeable only on the underside) so there's more to do than just create shortened wing tips. You'll also need to replicate the outboard wing fuel tanks, easily done by scribing a snall circle, representing the filler cap at the proper place on the wing.

Good luck with the project.

Can you recommend any good drawings depicting the Hamp?

Thanks,

D.B.

Model Art, the modeling magazine from Japan has a special on the Zero that contains a photograpically illustrated step by step conversion of a Tamyia 1:32 A6M5 into a clipped wing A6M3. The text is all in Japanese, though.

I have the book, Scale Plans No. 5 which has drawings of the the different A6M versions and in different scales. Not sure how accurate the book is, but looks legit to me. Which Model Art Vol. number is it. I may have to get, scan, and have my cousin in Japan translate it for me.