Mig-23 wheel wells' color?

Eli Raphael

We are referring to factory applied finish I believe. Every colour of the rainbow sounds little to harsh for a modern era Soviet jets. There are cases of repainting with the underside colour during the general inspection/overhaul, known on machines used by countries like Cuba, Syria etc . . 

Candy apple red? where? Any pictures?

I am asking, because that would be very interesting discovery, an unusual deviation from the norm. I am in touch with guys who were working at Czechoslovak Air force repair facility and all I heard were extremely strict norms that had to be followed. There are folks on this forum that have hands on experience, so I can ask them to pitch in.

Candy apple red? where? Any pictures?

I am asking, because that would be very interesting discovery, an unusual deviation from the norm. I am in touch with guys who were working at Czechoslovak Air force repair facility and all I heard were extremely strict norms that had to be followed. There are folks on this forum that have hands on experience, so I can ask them to pitch in.

Martin....don't waste your precious time with Jennings. You can't pour anything into his cup because it's already full to the top. :doh:

It's kind of a compliment.

Edited by williamj