Drummers of LSP, say hi and show off

Shawn M

Dale,

I think I may have failed to explain the situation accurately. The problem is not how many lugs should be on the drum, or their spacing between each other. Rather, the spacing between screws that attach the lug to the shell. I took a photo of the back side of one lug on the new mount. Note the red lines. That distance is shorter on the Catalina lugs. Therefore, I would have to drill at least one new hole for each lug to get them attached to the shell.

20170126_224130_zpskarp2ikb.jpg

Perhaps I should have known better, as the description does not list this as being compatible with the Catalina series, but rather the Renown, Brooklyn, Broadkaster and USA Custom series drums. I ASSumed that they would all be the same lugs, but I was wrong, of course.

John

Here's a drum percussion track to be used as a loop. I play four instruments on this. Really it was a warm up. Truth is I was worn out. We are doing more on Tuesday. 

Today I played pop, rock, funk, RnB, Samba, country and New Orleans feels. Plus two demos featuring drums and percussion.

To me these tracks sound a bit tired. We tracked for 12 hours.

http://www.driveplayer.com/#fileIds=0Bx6OHq4CjIBsdnlNZlR2X2dGOFdyR0dIQVpIQUFkY2Vadl9v&userId={userId}

This is funny. 2 weeks after leaving hospital I helped a student's band. You can see me blue infusion bag on the Orange amp. This was quite hard. I didn't know the music. Plus I was a wreck. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Wash+Away+26th+Jan+16+HD.mov

Edited by mpk

IMPRESSIVE Dale

keep up your spirits.

NICE sound...

Thanks Maru.

Do you think I look a bit down? Normally I sleep all day Sunday after teaching. I am not doing sessions on Sundays again. Too tiring.

Thanks. :)

Well I received a call from the producer last night. From 12 hours work there is not one usable track.

He was very apologetic. Said he can't imagine my even trying...

Kind of bummed out. I'll wait 6 more months. I think I am trying too much, too soon.

Not one! :(

I really am retired.  :hmmm:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

oh that sucks Dale!

Thanks Shawn.

I have to face my situation. One cannot spend 3 years in the fight I was in and expect to come out all rosey. I'm lucky I'm alive.

It's hard though. 

Thanks Mars I have all these lovely warplanes to build. Maybe I can get good at this?

52 is too young to retire. At least 52 and poor. :(

52 and rich, perhaps a different story. ;)

Okay. Here is me in the midst of a chemical fog. For those who do not have Dropbox, Youtube is easier.

You may note how tired I am. It's just a mini drum track in 8 bar groups with an 8 bar drum solo. I also had trouble with my numb feet. There is a slight variation on the same groove that follows which is very short.

Please be honest in your comments and point out any areas you see where I need to work. I can't go through life not being able to drum.