Chinese Nationalist decals

TimW

Just received the last bits from LSM in order to build a Nationalist Chinese Curtiss Bf2c (the cowling and prop and some other details.  Got the interior some time ago).  

Problem is, there appeared to be only one source for Koumintang markings for this kit and the guy who makes them said he doesn't have anymore.

Anybody have any thoughts as to where I can at least find some suitable roundels?

Thanks,

Tim W.

Yes, Bestfong. You can usually find some on ebay.

I have the chinese Hawk III set. They are not very impressive (the "Hawk III logo is badly printed on mine.... a shame as it is certainly the only decal i cannot make myself with masks), but i think they can do the job.

Indeed i just had a look on ebay and nothing.

If you have contacted Bestfong and the guy told you he dont have it anymore, yuour only hope would be to keep an eye on ebay to catch one when it pops up.

If you just need the roundels, i'm sure you can find another set with matching size roundels. And if you're patient, i may also design masks myself for the chinese roundels for my own Hawk III. But i'm still not sure if i will use the decals or not. It depends of the quality and i need to try them before.

You can also ask to Rebelalpha on ebay. Very nice seller, good products, good prices, and he's in the US. That's where i bought my set. He doesn't seem to have some at the moment, but who knows? Hopefully he have some in his stock that are not listed on his ebay shop?

Edited by Zero77

Tim, I have the new hasegawa taiwan F-5E kit with dark blue roundels, 7/16" wide, I'll send them to you if you want them. Ruben

Think those'll be big enough?    I'd certainly be interested.

I emailed Bestfong again--the last email I received he said he was planning on reprinting them "before August."

Maybe yes, maybe no I guess...

Cheers,

Tim W.

Are you? :)

Anyway, there is a long way before starting anything related to decals with this kit and conversion. Mine is one of my slowest build ever. I work about 1 or 2 days on it every 6 months. :)

(and the first days is for removing the dust).

Edited by Zero77

Ruben--

Got your decals.  The Chinese characters/numbers are great, but the roundels are very small--what scale were those?

Luckily, I dug out my Trumpeter P-40B and found I still had several sets of Cutting Edge Flying Tigers decals.  I think those roundels will just about fill the bill for the upper and lower wings.

The rest I can paint myself, I think.

Found this on ebay--now I have a pilot.

http://weylent.blogspot.com/2014/08/132-scale-wwii-chinese-pilot-is-ready.html

When will I build this?  Well, maybe after the T-28... :frantic:

Cheers,

Tim W.