Crew in B17

Phartycr0c

Update. My attention has turned to a little engineering required to make this a little more authentic. That of powering the props. 

I am intending to have three of the four engines running during display and to that end how to power the props.?

Thusly. 

I am using 3.7 v 60000rpm brushless micro motors 

Which, as it appens, fit very nicely into the rear of the prop hub fitting 

IMG_21221.jpg

the front of which is drilled, the rear being plugged with milliput firmly fixing the motors into place. 

IMG_21231.jpg

giving this

Next is fitting the rear of the hub so the props will run centrally and without vibration. In order to make this happen some sort of sleeve was required. after initial trials with milliput plugs i settled on some insulation from thick stranded copper wire pushed onto the drive cog with the hub being set onto and centred before being glued to the sleeve. 

giving this

Et voila i have three fully functioning wright cyclones.........well ok perhaps not. 

Within the wing spar structure I have fitted a set of electrical connections which will allow me to unplug and remove the wings for transport if required. 

With this particular bridge crossed I can now progress a little hopefully. 

Awesome! And looking incredibly familiar as well  :)

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48393&page=4

The figures look excellent!

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Awesome! And looking incredibly familiar as well  :)

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48393&page=4

The figures look excellent!

Cheers

Pete

Blimey Pete, I genuinely thought my project was unique. How did i miss that thread?

Your thread didn't show up when I was researching the kit and various builds otherwise I would have been all over it like a rash.  I sat for hours trying to work out how to motorise and mount the engines youv'e done it already for me.  :doh: I only wish I had seen it earlier before going the Miliput route. I now have the problem of how to mount the engines accurately.

The battle damage on your build is exceptional, I have a feeling I will be plagurising a few of those techniques.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...