EF-4C Camera Pallet/Canoe Update 11/22/15

Barry

A weekend's worth of work in a single photo!

External structural attachment straps. Pretty much out of sight behind the intake & ramp but "just because it will not be seen is no reason not to make it right".

Besides it keeps the brass shaping skills sharpened.

P9270348_zpszrnihyp3.jpg

• 1 month later...

I took Tony T's suggestion that unlike the airframe here in Savannah that has screen in the aft vent opening that the original installation likely had louvers. So I added lovers fashioned from brass sheet. I think they look much better than screen.

PB220371_zpsqsdluqwn.jpg
PB220369_zpshp1ubpwi.jpg

Last update to this build…..I am putting it aside as it was never my intent to build an EF-4C. Derek and I had gathered a lot of pics and info on this but dallied too long. GT Resin scoped us but I had to accomplish the heart of the conversion.  Unlike the GT Resin conversion that replaces the entire right forward Sparrow well and the surrounding fuselage structure this only adds the pallet to the well along with its external structural attach doublers. No cutting required. I did not want to carve up a lower fuselage and besides this is much closer to how the actual installation was accomplished on the 1:1 Phantom. What you see is the final results of my effort and is 100% removable leaving the fuselage unaffected by the installation.

PB220355_zpsb8eqvckf.jpg
PB220356_zpsj51qdskv.jpg
PB220357_zpsalkvw3rf.jpg
PB220358_zpstxv2oyai.jpg
PB220360_zpsfxwy0jhv.jpg
PB220361_zpssovxbcpv.jpg
PB220363_zpsihheuoda.jpg
PB220365_zps3fr64sug.jpg