My First 120 MM : Figure SS Grenadier 1944

LSP_Paul

Well, Since I got myself a 1/16th King Tiger, I thought I should have a person to use for scale reference. I've painted many  many figures in 1/35th, but I always felt you could cheat in a way with paint, they are so small, you can leave a lot of details to the imagination. Not so in 1/16 (120mm ) I used Vallejo Acrylics and oil washes. I scratch built his ammo bags from plastic, Milliput and tape. I also replaced his guns barrel and sight with scratch built items using micro tubing, plastic, brass rod and wire. The base is the one included with the figure, but he will be set into/on a base with other figures when the KT is done someday. This little guy took about a week to finish, and hes still got some fine tuning, but I wanted to share the pics I took outdoors to show you what can be done with one of these great resin figures.

All comments/observations welcome. Thanks for looking,

Paul  

post-3619-0-37289900-1434503327_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-21357800-1434503357_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-28978000-1434503397_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-95763000-1434503443_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-56637500-1434503478_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-07604500-1434503503_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-43141600-1434503538_thumb.jpg

Looks good, much better than I could ever do.  :hmmm: He looks out of place though, like he's in Oregon or something? 

Thanks Ron.  Once fall hits, and the colors change, I'll photograph him again outside, shouldn't be able to tell the location then, although where I live looks like a lot of places in Germany. For the record, hes in  one of the fall camo patterns.  :)

I've only attempted one large figure like this,... never did finish it though. He'll look good alongside your big Tiger.

Thanks K2. I am hoping to find a way to add a at least 5-8 for a diorama I have in mind  :)

Paul

Very nice! Are you going to do more of these Grenadier figures to go with the King Tiger?

Bill M.

Ja, ich mochte einen ganzen Zug von ihnen tun ( Yes Id like to do a whole platoon of them ) 

Thanks Bill, I'm glad you like how he turned out!

Paul 

About the Oregon comment,  the figure looks really great.

Thanks again Ron =-)  You should try one. They are about as tall as a 12 oz soda can, lots of neat techniques involved.

Paul 

Guest Clunkmeister

Nice! There's no way on earth I'd even try to do this. I thought I recognized him though. He seriously has a face like my grandmother! He looks so realistic, I had flashbacks, dude!

Awesome work Paul!

You never cease to amaze me, although when I look at this bad actor I can hear my RSM screaming for us to quit carrying our SMGs by the mag! :-)

Edited by Clunkmeister