Harrison90

Its been picked. 

IMG_0757_zpsmypzj11d.jpg

IMG_0760_zpsepv6vr1h.jpg

IMG_0761_zpsx1szoro3.jpg

IMG_0762_zpszikp9vgd.jpg

IMG_0763_zpse2divwif.jpg

IMG_0764_zpseairepcj.jpg

I am planning on doing the F-15E Demonstrator 71-0291. If anyone has any good pictures or information of the interior or exterior they would be willing to share that would be much appreciated. 

Thanks everyone.

Cheers

Edited by Harrison90

I'll give you a lot of credit for tackling this kit, especially if you're going to transform it from the DRFD (Dual Role Fighter Demonstrator) to an actual F-15E.  That's quite the job you've cut out for yourself.

I'll give you a lot of credit for tackling this kit, especially if you're going to transform it from the DRFD (Dual Role Fighter Demonstrator) to an actual F-15E.  That's quite the job you've cut out for yourself.

Well, knowing very little actually about this aircraft, I was just going off what the box said. What does the model out of the box build into? Is it the D or B? 

Also if you have any changes that you know of that would have to be made so it could be and E, please do share. It may not be out of the question if I'm feeling like taking on a bit more than originally thought.

Thanks

Out of the box it is built best as the Demonstrator as depicted on the box.  The rear instrument panel can't be used for a B or D.  The tailcones have the turkey feathers that were removed on all frontline a/c.  The kit doesn't have the wide tires or main geardoor bulges.  Most of all, if your kit has a smoked/tinted canopy, the only F-15 that had a tinted canopy was the demonstrator.  As pointed out, the landing gear is very fragile and after a short period of time, the nose gear fork will bend or break and the main gear struts will break at the point they bend away from the strut.  You should order the G Factor metal landing gear replacements.

I could go on but what I've said covers most of it.

Bruce

I have looked more into the F-15 and have found some lovely Demonstrator paint schemes and have thought that I may go ahead with doing the F-15E Demonstrator rather than a pure F-15E, instead of the E4. However I would like to know what you guys would like to see, F-15E Demonstrator or the 109-E4? 

Thanks guys.

Cheers

I am planning on doing the F-15E Demonstrator 71-0291. If anyone has any good pictures or information of the interior or exterior they would be willing to share that would be much appreciated. 

Thanks everyone.

Cheers

Hi!

I built the same kit a few years ago, and also decided to build the demonstrator.

I would definitly recommend using a metal landing gear, as some peaople already pointed out.

The demonstrator, however had ESCAPAC seats, not ACES.

If you want it to be accurate, you could also modify the speedbrake and spine, since that area was also different. This difference is not represented in the kit.

This is my interpretation of the spine:

F15B_020.jpg

Markus

Hi!

I built the same kit a few years ago, and also decided to build the demonstrator.

I would definitly recommend using a metal landing gear, as some peaople already pointed out.

The demonstrator, however had ESCAPAC seats, not ACES.

If you want it to be accurate, you could also modify the speedbrake and spine, since that area was also different. This difference is not represented in the kit.

This is my interpretation of the spine:

Markus

Well, I can't believe I forgot to check what seats it used.  :doh:  The number of differences I've learned about already and I didn't even think to double check the seats. Good news is that from my scratch building is that you could tell what seat it was. That's something. I will definitely check that spine issue and start over on the seats.

Thanks

Cheers 

Okay, have the right ESCAPAC seats ready for priming. Next, on to the rest of the cockpit and changing the spine of the aircraft. Hope this is better than my last post. 

IMG_0791_zpsblxjtnbn.jpg

IMG_0792_zpsh55yo8fr.jpg

IMG_0794_zpsd5lbr10v.jpg

IMG_0793_zpsff68pclk.jpg

Feel free to speak your minds. That's the only way I can get better.

Cheers