Working on Injection Molded Release in 1/32

castlegaiden

castlegaiden, I had some email contact with WingXL's original owner about his work, including a few digital images of his 3d files for his Martin B-26. This was well after the companies demise. From what he showed me it looked very complete, but he thought it had errors. It looked great to me!  What they were I did not ask, but he seemed quite interested in sharing his insights. He may for you as well.

Nevertheless, perhaps he might be interested in parting with his digital file if the right offer were made, or some variation of this. He has some excellent insights for plastic injection too and has extensive experience with Chinese producers, for better or worse! I can provide his contact info, if others have not given it to you already.

I also think a high quality resin kit has potential as a lower cost production kit. It also can be broken down along the major stations which can make it simpler to make the early and later versions of the B-26. Radu Brinzan's kits are an excellent example of the work that can be achieved. He's posted here in the past.

Good luck!

I hazard a guess that producing it yourself could be a serious undertaking. particularly if you have not done any casting before. That is a big bit of resin -nay a huge bit of resin. Way bigger than the HPH Hornets, and ME 410, but maybe not as big as the Catalina, which I am sure requires some considerable skill to cast without shrinkage and warpage. Keep moving along and maybe a door will open.

The Catalina big bits were made of fibreglass.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

New to the LSP forums ...long time aircraft modeler, scratchbuilder and 3D designer.

I am going to take an ambitious step forward towards realizing my lifelong dream of designing scale aircraft models fulltime with the introduction of my new company Dreamscale. I have bounced ideas on FB and around the hobby recently... and the concensus seems to be a B-26 ... incidentally one of my favorite aircraft ad well!

I will be the lead designer, but I am looking to the broader group

These are great news!try ti stick around please,the previous attempt sunk unfortunatelly and it was very promissing!-as probably you ll notice by yourself A-26 (Invader) is many people s wish-cheers