Tamiya F-16CJ:UPDATE:8/29/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear .. so very much appreciated.

Of course, I'm patiently waiting for you to feel the juices flowing and post an update on your Mustang.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Brian

Much appreciated and going slow, trying to stay out of any more trouble

Working on the washes for the panel lines and scribed details the next few nights

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Don

Much appreciated. The Viper is moving alon=g now at a steady pace and hopefully I'll be ready for the next update by late Sunday. Getting close to rolling her out of the hanger

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 8/16/15: THE FRONT OFFICE: DONE
Very satisfied with this weeks progress, as much has been completed. Except for the two environmental sensors for the ACES II seat (which will be added tonight), the front office is now complete. What a joy; I tip my hat to Tamiya for a one of the best and most detailed cockpits of any fighter I have built. I did replace the ACES II ejection seat with one from Aires, as I had two extras in the stash. If I didn't already own the Aires seat, I surely would have used the kit's seat, as it is that good.
I still need to polish out the canopy one last time ,as some of the goop from all the paint stripping and repainting did manage to sneak under the canopy masks.

My apologies for the poor photographs, as I shot them without using my normal model photography setup.
Next up:
Finishing the landing gear and wheel wells, adding the Wheelliant wheels and tires, completing the AN/ALQ-184 ECM pod for the centerline position and making the turn for the home stretch.
Thanks for checking in

untitled-5_zps101s8ox4.jpg

[/url]

untitled-3_zpspqh7wwhf.jpg

untitled-2_zpsx7llelmf.jpg

untitled_zpswcnq3nz2.jpg

untitled-6_zps3rgc2eje.jpg

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi John

Thank you for compliments of the Viper;s front office.

Always appreciate you insights and comments and I'm pushing foward towards the finish line.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Jim

Much appreciated and thank you for the suggestion. I have been on the fence about the dry brushing as well. Most likely, I'll turn it done a notch or two.

Peter