Tamiya F-16CJ:UPDATE:8/29/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Jim

Very much appreciated and I've been using your book as my go to reference. I've found t[your build thread last night but haven't been able to post yet and just from the start,; Holy Cow Batman ... looking fantastic

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Iain

Thanks you the very kind words. Slowly but surely, my Viper is rolling and this afternoon, I finally fined all the decal work. Looking forward to making the turn for the home stretch in a few more days/

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ron

I was pretty happy how the Tamiya decals worked for the most part. They are a bit thicker then I would have liked but with Set and Sol, they did lay down pretty well.

Peter

Pete,

It looks beautiful. you know, you always turn out stunning models.

So happy to hear you next project  will be an helicopter.....what? what do you mean you did not say that!!!! LOL

Do you know what you are building next?

Oliver

Guest Peterpools

Hi Peter

Much appreciated and it sure seems we both spend a wee bit of time back tracking and re-doing. Just nice to now be moving ahead and working towards the finish line.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Oliver. I'm planning a 1/48th scale Phantom next and then the SMS Skyraider as an AD-6 wearing a gloss dark blue set of navy cloths. A chopper just might be down the road eventually as I watch you work magic, it does start the helo juices flowing.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 8/9/15: MISSILES, DROP TANKS, PLYONS & THE CANOPY: DONE
Progress for a change has been steady and productive, with all the missiles, drop tanks, pylons and the canopy just about completed. Right from the start I decided to paint the pylons and drop tanks a slightly different shade of gray, trying to emulate that they are interchangeable with other Vipers but were also repainted at different times then the aircraft themselves. Tamiya went the extra mile and all are mini models in themselves, requiring quite a bit more time to complete then I originally anticipated. The load outs were heavily glossed with Future, all the stenciling and data plates were applied with the Micro System and sealed once more with Future. After drying for a minimum of 48 hours, Flory Dark Dirt Wash was applied to bring out the panel lines, rivets and highlight the details. Smaller areas were followed up with either an artist pen or an oil pin wash and finally sealed with Tamiya X-35 Satin Clear Gloss; a drying to a wonderful egg shell finish. I'm still experimenting with a variety of Satin Varnishes and I've included a group photo of the Gang; Tamiya, Mr Color, MIG, Alclad and Lifecolor.
I've been undecided as to what the centerline station would carry and finally selected the AN/ALQ-184 EMC Pod, which now needs to be built and finished.
Next up: Doing the above to the fuselage and then finally making the turn onto the home stretch.
Thanks for checking in.
Peter

untitled-2_zpsiwxy46wr.jpg

untitled-3_zps0bqkmcyo.jpg

untitled-5_zpsbheikbfc.jpg

The Gang: I'm still testing.

untitled-7_zpsby2c2xhd.jpg