Kitty Hawk OV-10A Bronco VAL-4 Black Ponies

Out2gtcha

Well, I spent last night with the Bronco, some hot water from the tap, and some hot air, from my mouth hair dryer. :lol:

After a just a few min under hot water, and over-flexing the now SUPER strong wing and elevator joints (I used hot chemical welding glue) beyond where I needed them, then holding them there for a few min, and then putting the model in the freezer for a min or two to set the plastic, the wings and elevator are now in final position.

The pics are a tiny bit misleading, as some of the angles of the plane in relation to the table make it still look like the wings are off a bit, but they are in fact nice and straight, and the elevator is now level.

My little helper Benny in the background observing:

DSC04248.jpg

DSC04250.jpg

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04251.jpg

All for now, but tonight after work Im going to hit the sanding hard so I can move onto some primer.

Cheers!

With Dannys and Steves help IM forging on with this one in earnest. I will also try to work on the decals for VAL-4 this week too. I borrowed a mates laser printer (black only,  but fortunately black is all I need) with a new toner cartridge, and will try to print up some tail codes/bureau numbers as well as the VAL-4 Black Pony

VAL-4%20Black%20Pony.jpg

Hopefully, the decal paper I have will work, and I can also hopefully cut out the carrier as close to the edge of the pony as I can get it. More work and pics soon............

Edited by Out2gtcha

When is the "A" version supposed to be released?

Mike

Hey Mike,

I have been in talks with Glen..................and the news is not necessarily good. The sales of the D are not quite what was expected so Im hoping on my hoarse (pun intended) to get the OV-10A done so Glen can use it to promote the KH OV-10A.........................

That being said, Im not 100% sure its ok for me to reveal the possible predicted release date, but lets just say it looks like it will be pushed back. Im not sure by how much, but lets just say, those who can afford an OV-10D (AND its a HELL of a value for under $80 USD!!!) should REALLY go out and purchase one, so we can make sure the KH OV-10A reaches the light of day ASAP!!!

Either one, they really ARE great kits, and a lot of fun to put together.

Edited by Out2gtcha

That being said, Im not 100% sure its ok for me to reveal the possible predicted release date, but lets just say it looks like it will be pushed up.

Maybe it's different meaning depending on one's background... to me if something is pushed up, it is brought forward, as in sooner than expected/planned. Unfortunately I think you mean the opposite, as in delayed, pushed back, pushed down.

Maybe it's different meaning depending on one's background... to me if something is pushed up, it is brought forward, as in sooner than expected/planned. Unfortunately I think you mean the opposite, as in delayed, pushed back, pushed down.

Your right!  I was thinking pushed "back" and was typing pushed "up".   Sometimes my dyslexia gets the better of me, even when im not switching my "p"s and "b"s.    :lol:

Glen Should know that the OV-10A will sell 2 to 3 times more than a OV-10D :hmmm:    

IMHO   I would of come out with one kit of the OV-10 with parts for the OV-10A,B, and D. Also the four Bladed prop option in the kit. For later OV-10A's .   But I don't own my own model company  :crying:    Also glad Glen and Kitty Hawk did do the D version thou.

Cheers

Danny

Ya I thought too a combined A/D boxing could've been released as one as well, especially after seeing that that both the A and D props are on the common sprues included in the D kit, with the nose and exhaust sprue only being the main difference.

As I've said before I'm much more looking forward to the A like I'm sure everyone else is. I have the D but I'm not overly excited for it (the subject) compared to the A. I'm not surprised that the D isn't a that big of a seller.

The KH OV-10 in 32nd is a really a WONDERFUL building kit. Im definitely no 1/72nd guy by any means, except of coarse for some HUGE transports they only make in 72nd..............

That being said, for under $80 US, you can have an OV-10 that not only goes together well, but is accurate and other than some pit minor changes, and is in the proper scale to be detailed with all that glass.   

I know the Testors 48th (*SHUDDERS*) kit is horrible, and the Academy and Revell offerings each have their issues as well but nothing like the Testors kit...........that being said, you could replace those 72nd Revell and Academy kits with a single an OV-10D from KH, and give the Revell to auction............that's usually what I do with my smaller 1/72nd kits.