Trumpy A-4M

Usmcski

I don't think the Trumpy kit is that bad, overall it made for an enjoyable build.  I did replace the kit cockpit, however (can't remember which product I used), and the weapons sprues leave something to be desired. In hindsight, I probably would have opted for aftermarket TERs and Mk82s, but I don't think the finished product looks too horrible.  I don't recall any major fit issues, and any headaches I had throughout the build were more than likely self-induced.  I have another one in my stash that I'll build "full color", so just the fact that I'm willing to build another should tell you something!  Thanks for the kind comment, happy building!

Cheers,

Ski

Thanks Andrew! Yes, I used the Eduard etch, as well as a resin 'pit (can't remember which). As far as the Tomcat on the tail, I just over-sprayed the base color until the black markings were toned down enough.

Cheers!

Ski

Guest Smitty44

Hey there!! Man, I grew up in Garden Grove and spent so many years at the El Toro Airshow and many days in the back of my old mans truck on the side of the I-5 watching the 3rd Marine Airwing do there thing there. As a matter of fact it was my experiences there that led me to eventually join the Marine Corps myself. My favorite squadron has always been the Blacksheep though and hope I can make a decent 214 A-4M soon out of the Trumpy kit. Beautiful job on your Skyhawk!!!

Thanks, Smitty! El Toro was my first duty station, ironically enough. I say that because I grew up in Anaheim, and El Toro wasn't exactly my idea of joining the Marines and seeing the world! I just retired after 22 years in the Corps, and El Toro will always hold a special place in my heart.

Semper, Ski