Mals A6M2, Tora Tora Tora Is Finnished......

Mal_Belford

Superb progress Mal...

I know what you mean my friend. those fibers always pop up i always have to go back sand the cr** away and repaint lol.... youre totally right the wash makes those fibers and hairs look like wiring hihihi

The Aotake looks spot on... i hear the tamiya mix in the instructions works also pretty well too

Great progress, looking forward to more my friend  :popcorn:  :frantic:

Karim

Thanks Karim...

Yeah...but if fibres spotted on areas i often strip paint instead of sanding due the fact them details...

Yep...nothing wrong with the Tamiya mix....ive used it on my previous Tamiya Zekes....so tried a new approach with Alclad all the way....and must say, my oppinion superior, i like them far better for theese paint...but its a matter of taste ;)

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

A redo - I can't believe it!  I swore the same thing, that when the Typhoon is done, noting gets started, except a total clean, wash and spit-shined model room. We have hot air heat which makes it a 1000 times worse for airborne dust but being warm is still the name of the game.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Not much done...in a way not that exiting to see yet i know....little color...im working very slow now, du im very carefull,

using one thing that ive only used later in painting thats when i paint the fuselage, nameley paintretarder, using it constantly since the air is a bit dry and it would dry to fast, to longer drying time, but the benefit....very smooth finnish...started to use it more and more...primer i went for Tamiya XF Light Grey, and then that Japan interior green...no exuse to do a poor job here, since it going to bee quite clean Zeke, and all will be seen if not taken care of properly....

Tomorrow the rest of that cockpit,

IMG_0439_zps26d3ede8.jpg

The weathering im aiming will be with Tamiya panel line wash using oinwashing technicue, and after that little oils...yes little dirt will be ther....

Yes why not build a late zeke again in the future and going wild on chipping...well later ;)

/Mal

Thanks Karim...

Yeah...but if fibres spotted on areas i often strip paint instead of sanding due the fact them details...

Yep...nothing wrong with the Tamiya mix....ive used it on my previous Tamiya Zekes....so tried a new approach with Alclad all the way....and must say, my oppinion superior, i like them far better for theese paint...but its a matter of taste ;)

/Mal

Mal, ill have to try your mix for the Aotake whenever i get to start my zeke build...

Just out of curiosity what do you usually use to strip paint off? I have mr paint remover from gunze, but i never got around to trying it to be honest...

The acrylic interior colour looks very smooth

Cant wait until your next update my friend

:popcorn:  :popcorn:

Karim

Edited by karimb

Thanks Karim...

All paint got Tamiya retarder exept Alclad Dural Alu and Alclad Hot Metal Blue (i love that tone for that Aoteke) yep it it smooth as silk...both Alclad and Tamiya..

I rather strip paint on things if not to much work done yet "sections" if it is a small on the fuselage i let it cure properly then fine grit wet sand paper with water....

but if i strip i use isoprop...yep very effective on Tamiya colors...fast down to bare plastic...and start all over again.....

it works for me ;)....

Also you going to love the Tamiya Zero kit...im enjoying every minute of the build

I got another in the stash to ;) A6m5 Tamiya so if wanted easily continue the saga of another zero.....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Matt...

Ive looked at endless discissions on forums and referens pictures on internet....restored ones..

Paint do change by age...color tone vary in productline...no one exacly know..

Ive seen from bluegreen to blue...

so made up my mind and go Mals way...i think its close enough for me...

/Mal

Allright....smal uppdate..more painting...

Also Mal got own ideas wich colors and so on.....Note them parts that is "Black" nope, they are dark grey, used german grey...the reason is quite simple, if going black, the wash is no use since it wont enhance details when wash come there, no need drybrushing after to make em pop out........now the details will pop out with wash, also easilly paint some knops parts black since dhey will be seen, also got room for postshading in that nice dusty dirt, those who followed med know that im using that quite freq in my builds....as one said got in a way a philosophy in my builds....that is true, modelling is an art for me, also fun and relaxing....thats the fun of exploring own ideas and theories around building and test them....

IMG_0441_zps220d9f1c.jpg

So ill show later what i mean when it comes to pinwashing and some oils and post shading that dirt... (not that much since it still i a clean bird) just to get that depth and alive feel to the model...lets say Mals interpret of things...

Note if it supposed to be a black part, i use different in dark grey, ex Tamiya rubber black (wich is more blueish) or Tamiya Nato black instead (is more greenish)

edit reaaon: forgot to say about colors...they change in scale to...;)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Peter...Yep,

German Grey is awesome as well as Rubber black and Nato Black...get a ballrom to play with em washes and weathering....

Yep..ive looked at railroad and Tank modellers/builder guys...they use that alot.....also ive painted on oils on canvas in my youth....30yrs ago....and before that alot of paper and graphite pens...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford