F4U-1a, 1d decals, detail sets?

Steve Eagle

Wondering if anything is coming out for the new Tamiya release?  Also, looking for photos of the zero length rails.  Planning on doing a 1d since probably 5 million will be done in VF-17 markings :innocent:.  I assume Tamiya will eventually get to a -1d, but "I'm 'cited, Daddy" to do a -1d instead of  a -1a.  I see after a search there are rockets available from other sources.  I have trashed my Trumpeter kit- go figure after looking at the Tamiya kit- and will save the bomb rack stubs and prop- since it is the wide blade variant.  What do you say, Roy :please:? Any input?

Already getting the wheel/tires from Barracuda. They look great.  The Fundecals sheet looks interesting.  Like the Yost aircraft. Lerch's aircraft out of the Osprey Aces book looks promising also. Not planning on opening the engine bay, but Loic does great work.  Thinking about folded wings and the engine bay wouldn't be very visible. Definitely want to hang drop on a pylon and possibly a bomb for an asymmetric load.  Want to hang rockets on the wings also.  This was a loadout, but obviously for relatively short range mission. 

Yes, I am. I have a prop from the Trumpeter kit.  Also kept the canopy when I trashed the kit. Willing to do the needed work- just looking for some items to fill in some missing needs to do this.  The PE set in the Tamiya kit has some ejection ports for the tail end of rockets- so no doubt a -1d is coming.  Just when would be the question. Also, it will likely be more expensive to cover the additional features.  Got my kit at a Christmas sale in Kansas City with a discount. So its "pay me now, or pay me later". Thank for the input anyway. 

On a lark, I pulled out the Trumpeter F4U-1D interior set and held it up against the Tamiya parts.  If the Tamiya is truly 1/32 (and I bet it is), the Trumpeter cockpit must be 1/30 or bigger.  The belts look comically huge against the Tamiya seat and the IP is over a mm too big on EVERY side.