Hasegawa Fw.190A-7 JG1

Avenger2614

Greetings!

Just rescued this one off the shelf of doom after an almost two-year hiatus. I had airbrushed the RLM 65 and had just set it aside for some reason, but finally decided to dig it out and finish it off. Kit is the Excellent Hasegawa 1/32 Fw.190A-7 finished with kit decals. The only aftermarket are True Details wheels and Eduard seat belts. Colors are Model Master enamel RLM 74/75 over 65 shot through my Omni airbrush. Weathering is a combination of an acrylic burnt umber wash, chalk pastels, and Tamiya weathering kits. As always, all questions, comments, and constructive criticism is welcome. I already know that the flaps in the kit are wrong, as are the seams running through the wing root gun bay panels, but I chose not to fix them. It's my model and I'll cry if I want to! Onto the pics. . .

1980-01-01000009-1_zps16143667.jpg

1980-01-01000111_zpsf05dabd0.jpg

1980-01-01000023_zpscf329265.jpg

1980-01-01000014_zps5148a13a.jpg

1980-01-01000045_zps849b6a02.jpg

Now I just need to post some photos of my other shelf of doom rescue. . .the Trumpeter Me.262B-1a Nightfighter. . .

-Daniel S.

Westminster, CO

Exactly! And a fantastic model that I believe I already have some pictures of, on my computer. I seem to remember that one! ;)

Love the JG1 striped/checkered birds and I've built a few in 1/48 scale. I have a Hasegawa A-6 kit that I've been reserving for just such a project, but haven't determined exactly which plane to do yet. I want something that hasn't bee done by everyone else, if that's even possible.

Here's an A-6 I did from the Dragon kit, then an A-7 from the same kit. Sold them both

(Pics removed)

I also did the A-4 with the solid white nose (white 10) based off the Tamiya kit. Something like that (A-4 to A-7) in 1/32 with checkers, especially, is kind of what I'll be after. Pretty soon I'm going have to build a second display case, JUST for Fw 190s. The first one is almost full of them!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

John,

Those both look great! I really like both of them. I actually have a 109G-6 and a 190A-8 that will both have JG1 markings, but neither will have checkers/stripes. I just like the colors with the reds and yellows. Awesome looking models!

-Daniel S.

Westminster, CO

Wow.....

I think you done a great job .....great finnis....

Im currently building my second wurger A8 hasegawa...so i know them errors you mention...bu it is a great and fun kit to build....and you achevied a grat result....i like it.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford