MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

shark64

Your paintjob looks absolutely stunning as usual, Oliver!

I don't know how far you want to go in terms of accuracy when it comes to the carrier deck vehicles - just as a remark as I have a special interest in carrier deck vehicles: the MD-3 tow truck you are using is out of service since the early 90s and has been replaced by the A/S32-31A which looks similar but is much wider at the rear; then, carrier deck vehicles and especially the tow trucks are generally white since the mid 90s. The P-16 fire truck was phased out in the early 2000s and was replaced by the bigger P-25.

Starfighter.

I don't always build for accuracy however I do appreciate the info u posted above. I was told that one of the tractor I have on the deck is never on the deck but only below in the hangar. I got a new tractor from verlinden but several resin pieces as well as the tractor back tray was broken so I am making a new cage.

I wish someone would CAD an updated US Navy deck tractor.

20170310_175933_zpsgliyf7c1.jpg

Starfighter is this the newest version?

20170310_182847_zpsjzkmdlcl.jpg

This is the A/S32-31A indeed, Oliver. I am working on several carrier deck vehicles and I'd like to make them available to everybody, but I am still working on this. It might happen within this year though.

Regarding the spotting dolly (A/S32A-32): it's true that it's typically used in the hangar deck but I have already seen it on deck as well, so no need to worry about that.

There are a few pics showing some of the vehicles I have made in the Non-LSP works section:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=56505&hl=

Awesome, Oliver ... your usual superlative scratch building work. Will you paint all the bits in situ or take them out before?

Jim

thanks.

Everything will be painted separately. Since this is a 1/32 scale tractor and I will have a figure seating on the seat, I am remaking the seating area to match the scale a little more accurately....i hope. 

will post photos once thats done.

oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a challenge to make everything fit nicely inside the tractor since nothing is level  so I have to adjust at every cuts.  I hope that this will do the trick to bring down the scale a bit so my 1/35 figures doesn't look dwarfed by the tractor. ..stay tuned.

Oliver

20170322_093459_zpsvrtp2jcu.jpg

Edited by shark64