1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

Oh yeah........I've always wanted an M38, but decent ones are really hard to come by for anything others than sky high prices. Lots of little details could be added, but the 1:1 is surprisingly simple once you get up on it VS other cars/vehicles.

Don't look too closely at references for the Jeep. Tons of work there. Just my opinion, nothing more.

Sincerely,

Mark

Agreed. References can be a double edged sword, leading one (like me) to keep adding more and more, when the original intent was for OOB, with just a little detailing added. :(

I just checked, and I currently have at least six books on the Jeep already, so perhaps that's enough. I'm with Brian, I just want a cool looking Jeep for a vignette, not something to work on for months and months.

Hand wheels (molded open on the bottoms), get some card stock added so that they now appear solid. I had been dreading this step, but it really wasn't that bad.

8bs8ef.jpg

53jCQK.jpg

blebls.jpg

abzQjd.jpg

I had earlier decided that the molded on stiffeners on side of mount were OK, but changed my mind and replaced them with .080 half round. Look much better now I think.

zj7a0z.jpg

The front end of rebuilt base areas are coming along rather nicely now. I've decided to spend more time modeling, and less time eyeballing the web, and so far, this seems to be working out great.

fGvvQD.jpg

Thanks, fellas. Oh and Matt, I discovered that I had a copy of Nuts & Bolts #13, and though the subject is the Wirbelwind, there are several crystal clear photos that I'd not seen before, showing many details that I had previously overlooked.