1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

A bit premature perhaps, but I could stand it no longer, so all three leveling legs are now attached and drying (the main body portions at any rate). Once weld beads are added (rod and stretched sprue), these will become rock solid, and will never, ever fall off. I may also mount an additional post dead center, to counter any long-term sagging effects brought on by the weight of the gun assembly, though I seriously doubt it needs it, as base proper is chock full of molded in stiffeners for that very purpose, still,...

7kEK7H.jpg

Another one of the lame areas on the kit, is this big void on the top of the mount. I have never seen a photo that depicts this configuration, so I've filled with sheet plastic and globbed some Tamiya white on it. Once the putty is sanded out, I'll add the bolted plate on top.

rMrZLs.jpg

Using .250 square rod, I have begun to rebuild the leveling leg adjustment stems. I'll also be building new handle assemblies, as the kit provided ones are quite inaccurate.

BNRTuL.jpg

Top area redone now, and I've also gone ahead and added the small ridge on both sides (.010 x .020), as well as the stiffening ridge that appears in the middle. I think what I used (.025 rod), might be a tad large though, so I may rip it off and use .015 or .020 instead, still not sure.

icNGC9.jpg